August 13, 2007

Keep It Up/Hang It Up - August 2007

(Blatantly stolen from the Jordan Jesse Go! podcast.)

Keep It Up!

  • Golden Oreos -- So much better than regular Oreos, plus I don't have that chocolate cookie breath all day. Keep it up, Golden Oreos!
  • Jack Daniels -- Smooth, dark golden elixir of the gods. You guys can keep your fancy wines. I'll take the sour mash any day o' the week. Keep it up, Jack Daniels!
  • Naps on a hot weekend day -- Air conditioning can't keep up with the 100+ temperature? Ain't nothin' better than a two hour nap to keep that energy going for the upcoming workweek. Keep it up, naps!
  • Unclaimed Baggage Store -- You know, it's hard to find stuff in you and most of it isn't worth buying, but if there's a better way to blow 2 hours in Scottsboro, AL, I haven't heard of it. Keep it up, Unclaimed Baggage Store!
Hang It Up!
  • Degrading Salinas family member trifecta -- We just had a solid reunion, now you, you, and you have to go making a mockery of us all this past week. Shame is brought upon us all. Hang it up, degrading Salinas family member trifecta.
  • Abortion truck drivers -- Yeah, we know having an abortion is a hard process for anyone to take. But you don't need to complicate things by printing billboard images of poorly photoshopped bloody aborted quasi-fetuses and drive around town with them up on your truck. Are those even real pictures? Boo. Hang it up, abortion truck drivers.
  • Broken AC in my office -- Yeah, we know it's hot out. All the more reason for you to KEEP WORKING! Hang it up, broken AC in my office.
  • The sun -- You've killed my zucchini plants and are now threatening my freedom to walk outside. That's it, sun. You're on my last nerve. You better start holding some of those rays back, else I shake my fist harder. Hang it up, sun. (But not completely. That would suck in a near opposite way.)

5 comments:

Geoffrey said...

are you related to ANY of those Salinas'?

I agree with the abortion truck drivers. I followed one in to work last week. At first I didn't know what it was. It took me a long time of staring at it to see that it was a baby head. It didn't even look real...but some poorly made prop in a low budget horror film. I spent more time looking at it then keeping my eyes in my own lane to avoid hitting people.

I've got some to add to your list:

Keep it up!
VJ Day celebration in RI--Nothing like getting a day off of work because we dropped a couple nuclear bombs on Japan. Keep up the hatred RI! To celebrate I played video games and drank beer made in Japan.

Hang it up!
Science--sure you provide me with my career and money in the bank...but damn it, I'm sick of it. One can only live and breath science so much. Let's go back to a simpler time where science wasn't all about making money.

Unknown said...

Geoffrey, I'm very jealous of VJ Day now that I no longer have it. I want a holiday off for no good reason!

As far as we know, Greg's not related to any of the 15 minutes of infamy Salinas folk.

Geoffrey said...

This year was the first year I actually took the day off. It was nice.

It's good to know that Salinas is a common enough last name that it doesn't bring shame to the entire family. Now if a Chew starts shooting up a school or something that'll bring shame to me and mine.

Unknown said...

I don't know how common the name is. I've never actually met a Salinas who wasn't related to Greg, but maybe I'm not living in the right states.

Unknown said...

The unclaimed baggage store is the shizznit. I need to go again, it's been about a year.